What is an Advanced Report Writer (ARW)
The role of the Advanced Report Writer is to serve as developer of reports that can be used by the larger UO community (possibly as IDR Enterprise reports), to provide support for other report writers in report development, and to work with IDR staff in bringing forth suggestions for improvements to the IDR service. Advance Report Writers also provide help and support for IDR users within their department. The IDR Steering Committee provides oversight for the Advanced Report Writer group.
What campus departments should be represented
- Academic Schools and Colleges
- Budget & Resource Planning
- Business Affairs Office
- Enrollment Management
- Human Resources
- Institutional Research
- Sponsored Projects
- Student Life
The IDR Steering Committee will ensure representation from these key departments and that the ARWs have reporting duties in their job descriptions.
What is the process for selecting ARWs
The IDR Steering Committee will be responsible for maintaining desired representation in the ARW group. To recommend someone or themselves for inclusion in the ARW group, send a request to the IDR Help Queue (firstname.lastname@example.org) . The IDR team will forward a request form. Once the form is completed and returned, the form will be reviewed by the IDR team and if recommended then it is forwarded on to the Steering Committee.
What are the responsibilities of the ARWs
- Serve as developers of reports that can be used by the larger UO community
- Attend quarterly meetings to mentor, share knowledge and techniques and collaborate on reporting projects
- Support other report writers in report development
- Help and support IDR users within their department
- Work with IDR staff in bringing forth suggestions for improvements to the IDR service
- Participate in upgrade testing to the IDR service